This is me :)

This is me :)

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Try not to think about it

That is the advice I have been given more often then not, and while it sounds like terrific advice, it's something I am not capable of doing. To me that is like telling someone who was just diagnosed with terminal cancer to try not to think about it. I understand that my condition is not terminal (although some days I would like to argue that point), but it HAS stolen my life. When I say that, I feel like I am whining, but honestly I don't know what else to do.
In 4 days I have had a total of NINE hours sleep. It's not that I am not tired, and I DO take my sleep meds, but this sound doesn't let me get in that rest mode so that I am able to sleep. It's like trying to sleep with someone yelling in your ear constantly to wake up. I stayed in bed most of the day today, and am still in it, not just from being depressed, but because I am hoping that at some point I can steal some sleep.
I have found encouraging words from the ATA group on facebook, and listening to their stories and struggles helps me greatly. I could NOT imagine trying to travel this uncertain road without anyone knowing what it's like.
My psychiatrist is also someone I could not do this without. I think back to when I was told they were changing me from DR M to DR P after 8 months, and I was so upset. Honestly, Dr P is such a better fit for me. I feel like he isn't judging me (lord knows I do that enough), and has empathy for what I struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment