This is me :)

This is me :)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sometimes A Little Note Can Change Your Day

I've had a rough couple of days. Tinnitus raging, sleep has been awful, depression has been consuming and on top of it all I have been feeling like a horrible mother. Josie only had school Monday and Wednesday this week because of elections and Teacher In Service, and because I haven't been falling asleep until 4 or 5 AM I did not hear the alarm BOTH DAYS!!! Not only that, I was feeling so horrible I couldn't even muster the energy or desire to drive her to school. I will add here that she LOVES school and I felt like the worst mother in the world, because this is the first time she missed. I HATE when I get this depressed, and tired, it literally takes every ounce of "life" out of me. Seriously, it is times like this that I feel people would be better off without me. My kids are what keeps me here.
I wish I would just break down and admit defeat and ask someone to call me every morning to make sure I am up, but I am 43 and a mother I should be able to do this on my own. My Psychiatrist has added Cymbalta to the Lexapro because he can see me slipping the other way. I just hope it does something, anything because I am so tired of feeling like this.
I was on FB and I saw a message in my box. I didn't recognize the name, but decided to open it anyway. I was surprised that it was a note from someone from the ATA (American Tinnitus Association) support on FB that has not only read my posts, BUT actually took the time to send me a note letting me know I am not alone and that she reads my posts. More importantly, she said she knows of another person on the board who has posted a while back who also got tinnitus post lightening strike. She is going to see if she can find the post for me. She also remembers reading an article of this happening to someone else.
I so hope that she can find this information, because as crazy as it sounds I NEED there to be someone else, more importantly, someone else that I can possibly talk to. This condition is so hard to explain and talk to people who don't have it. It's not a disability that you can see, and you can't hear what it is that I do 24/7 so how can you, and how can I expect you to?
So anyway, that little note changed my really bad day (or days) into a smile if only briefly, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment