This is me :)

This is me :)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let's talk workman's comp

Ok so I have been unable to work since this happened, and I do mean unable. Workman's comp has been pretty good, although I have to say that lately it is becoming an issue. Let me point out that I am getting 30% less then what I made while on workmen's comp, and I am the only income coming into my house so you can do the math. If I COULD work, I would, honestly I miss my job and my co workers, but I have not mastered the tools of living with tinnitus. I never know when my body will allow me to sleep, it usually happens when it just gives out on me and says enough is enough. For example, I took my newest sleeping pill Serequel XR at 8 PM, it is 3:22 AM and I am still waiting to fall asleep. It's hard to sleep when you have this unending noise keeping you awake.
So my nurse case manager called the other day and said she wants an IME with another Psychiatrist, and that they would be calling soon. That's fine, I have no problem with that, and actually look forward to hopefully having someone else suggesting something new to try that might help me. The problem is, I am sure this will be like my ENT IME, and Neuro IME and I will walk out with no new information or hope. So I wait for the call, and appointment.
Oh, I also got my termination letter from work. Mind you, everyone knew at work long before I found out. I was terminated 4/22/10. I understand that they can't hold my job forever, but a phone call would have been nice. Instead my coworkers knew long before I did. I was a good, no wait an excellent worker, I was emplyee of the month the first month I qualified. I was a super user on our new computer system, I had letters from patients that praised me, I really liked what I was doing. Now I am told that I may have to accept performing at 60, 70 or 80% of what I used to perform. To me that is unacceptable. I KNOW the worker I am and being and giving anything less then 110% is just not acceptable. The thought of it depresses me, literally!
So while most people are sleeping at 3:32 AM, I am here typing WISHING I could sleep. When I finally do fall asleep I am usually awakened within a few hours from the tinnitus.
BTW that thing over there>>>>>>>>> is for Amazon. Occasionally I will find something that I like, or a bargain I want to share and I will put a link to it. Nothing in the box now is anything I have read, used or recommend. I also make a % off the sales, so I wanted to be up front about that. I don't expect anyone to use it, but I figure it doesn't hurt to put it there in case there is something that I can share that someone may want.
Here is my funny or not so funny (for me) for tonight. My birthday is June 1, and I asked my daughter how old does she think I am going to be. Her answer? EIGHTY LMAO, out of the mouths of babes I guess. I will be buying hair dye this week to cover up the grays ;)

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried Klonopin? It's been one of the few sleep/anxiety meds that has worked wonders for me. I take .5mg about 20 minutes before I want to go to sleep. My sound pillow that I ordered has also been a godsend. I play my pink noise CD that I got off the Hyperacusis Network's website. Noise machines don't work for me. I use a fan and then the sound pillow because I am a side sleeper and when I put one ear to the pillow to sleep the Tinnitus can be heard loudly because the sound has been blocked out. The pink noise sounds just like the fan only it comes from inside my pillow. It's saved me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried all that you mentioned, and I still find no relief. I am glad you are finding some relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, all of the sleeping aids I'm seeing you guys mention are not hard core sleeping aids.. ESPECIALLY the Klonopin.. I used to take that in the day time for anxiety, but it never made me sleepy. Whereas the higher dosed controlled release (<---- VERY important it be the controlled release) is very good for helping with sleeping. Hell, it gets you stoned and puts you out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is, it's hard to be put out when you are fighting this noise, if that makes sense. I don't get that "quiet" in order for my mind to shut down and sleep. I have been on the Ambien CR, and am currently on the serequel XR (extended release) and neither of them have worked in putting me or keeping me asleep. So I trudge on, hoping for something.

    ReplyDelete