This is me :)

This is me :)

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wow just Wow

Today I had my weekly psychiatrist visit, and while I was in his waiting room waiting to go in my phone rang, when I answered it it was my nurse case manager. She asked me when my next appointment with Dr. M was and I said it is right now, I'm  waiting to go in. She proceeded to tell me to let him know this would be my last appointment with him and that she has set up another appointment with a different Dr (this was supposed to be just an IME) that I will be seeing June 9, and also said that I will no longer be seeing my ENT since there is nothing he can do. Now I understand about the ENT, because I only see him every 6 weeks and really other then check my ears and be completely empathetic, and so wonderfully supportive and genuinely concerned there really is nothing more he can do. The psychiatrist is a completely different story.
I mean I understand about getting an IME, even though I am seeing the psychiatrist they picked for me, but to completely CHANGE doctors 6 months into treatment??? I have built a patient relationship with Dr M, and although I am struggling emotionally and mentally coming to terms with my tinnitus, I feel comfortable now to discuss things with Dr M. Now, I have to start the process with someone new?

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm so sorry my friend. Is there a way you can appeal it? I hope all goes well with the new doctor and you are always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTH? I have been with the same psychiatrist for the two and a half years I've had t. Is he the one that is prescribing your medications?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he is the one prescribing my meds. The nurse case manager said the new one would take that over. I am going to go see the guy, because I don't want to start shit with WC, BUT I am not happy about it AND if I do not feel comfortable I will talk with my attorney and fight to go back to Dr M. I just find it really shitty that they did that. I mean now do I have to worry about what happens in another 6 months??? UGH!

    ReplyDelete