This is me :)

This is me :)

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The new and not so improved me

I miss me,and am trying to come to grips with the new me. I've come to rebel against myself. When I discovered I was pregnant 5 years ago I quit smoking cold turkey. Never had the desire to start again. I drank on RARE occasions, didn't do drugs, no piercings other then my ears, no tattoo's etc. I was your average 40 + YO working mom. Then this happens, and I find myself spinning out of control.
My mother always said I always bite off my nose to spite my face, and now I know why.
Within months, because I felt so out of control with my tinnitus, I started smoking. I know that doesn't make sense but it felt like the ONLY thing I had control over at that time. As the tinnitus continued with no relief and I would get comments on my eye, I went from smoking to smoking and drinking. Again, it was about having control of SOMETHING, if I didn't want a cigarette I didn't smoke, if I didn't want that glass of wine I didn't drink it. I was CONTROLLING what I did. Tattoo came next, and this was actually a good thing, because I have wanted one for years anyway.
Everyone had suggested I try marijuana, something I have tried once in my life when I was 17. It made me so sick I never had the desire to try it again, that is until 4/20/10. I was told it would help me sleep, and I was desperate. Well it did NOT help me sleep, not even a little but it DID do something. The tinnitus was still there, still loud BUT for a brief time I didn't care. I wasn't stressing over it, I wasn't focused on the annoyance, I DIDN'T CARE! I have smoked pot 2 times since then and both times I felt the same. If I wasn't so afraid of getting caught doing something illegal, I would do it more often.
So this is the new, not so improved me. At 42 soon to be 43, I have become a smoking, drinking, pot smoking tattooed momma who is not proud, but desperately trying to learn to live with tinnitus.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever it takes to get through a day with tinnitus. I'd shoot myself in the foot if I thought it would help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I've thought of shoving a steak knife through my ear, but have already been told it won't help! I'm thinking of seeking Medical Marijuana. It doesn't help the tinnitus, it actually makes it louder IMHO BUT it does make you not really give a flip, and if that's the best I can get, I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete